Saturday, November 04, 2006

Entertainment for Evolutionists

So back when I had time to waste, as an undergrad, my roommates and I loved to play Sims--to play "god" with other people's lives. And now, apparently, we can all be god (or natural selection ;) in a video game, Spore, where you evolve from a single cell organism all the way to an interplanetary traveler. It sounds a little goofy, but kinda cool, because you have to use your "DNA points" (or reproductive success) to "mutate" and adjust your features to fit a particular environment. Anyway, just thought y'all might find it of interest. You can watch an entertaining little demo here, or catch the interview I caught here (click on "intelligent design"). It'll be a merry christmas for all the little evolutionists out there. ;)

3 comments:

Judy Easton said...

oh yeah! I've heard of this game and it sounds pretty cool in a Sims like way. I hope Santa brings it my way ;-) (although I won't have any time to play it LOL)

Aaron Goetz said...

Sweet! I want it, but I don't have any gaming systems. Which one does this game use?

Emily said...

Well, personally, I have to agree with anonymous. (just kidding) Anyway, it's a computer game (like Sims and the others), so, if you have a computer (I know you do!) you can play it. ;)